Pet Dental Care
Proper dental care is a crucial part of maintaining your pet’s health. At-home brushing, an annual dental exam, and routine professional cleaning can keep teeth healthy. Without good dental hygiene, bacteria and plaque can buildup on your pet’s teeth. This can result in tartar buildup, and even gingivitis if not removed. In the end, gingivitis will cause receding gums, tooth loss, severe pain. If left untreated infections can develop that have the potential to affect other organs.
Both dogs and cats require routine preventative dental care. Yearly dental examinations are important, and allow us to reccomend the best course of action to take for healthy teeth. Wether it be at home dental care or an in hospital dentistry we will make sure you get the tools you need to keep your pets mouth feeling good.
Professional Dental Care at Salmon Brook Veterinary Hospital
Salmon Brook Veterinary Hospital is dedicated to providing the following comprehensive, preventative dental services for both dogs and cats:
- Oral/dental exams
- Comprehensive dental cleanings, and polishing
- Minor oral surgery including, but not limited to, tooth extractions, fistula repairs and removal of oral tumors
- Comprehensive pain management before, during and after any oral procedure that may produce discomfort
- Monitored general anesthesia throughout the dental procedure with the aid of our knowledgeable technicians and advanced digital monitoring equipment
- Home dental care instructions and product recommendations
- A referral network to veterinary dentists and specialists when needed
What to watch for:
- Loss of appetite or loss of weight
- Bad breath
- Loose teeth or teeth that are discolored or covered in tartar
- Your pet shies away from you when you touch the mouth area
- Drooling or dropping food from the mouth.
- Bleeding from the mouth