Equine Internal Medicine
Salmon Brook offers complete care for routine and unexpected illness. Some more common issues may include:
- Gastrointestinal disease (chronic colic, weight loss, diarrhea)
- Endocrinology (Cushing’s disease, equine metabolic syndrome)
- Respiratory disease (pneumonia, recurrent airway obstruction/heaves)
- Neurologic disease (EPM, cervical issues)
- Ophthalmic disease (corneal ulcers, uveitis)
By utilizing a thorough approach to investigating disease, our veterinarians use multiple modalities to reach a diagnosis. Obtaining a thorough history from the animal’s owner or caregiver and performing a complete physical examination, including a comprehensive blood profile, are some of the initial steps in reaching a conclusive diagnosis. A discussion of management and medication options is paramount to the treatment of the condition identified.