Health Certificates

Official health certificates and coggins, issued by a licensed veterinarian, are required by Connecticut and Massachusetts for any horse that will travel or participate in events. Your horse needs a health certificate for:

  • Interstate transportation
  • Entrance into Connecticut and Massachusetts
  • Shows, fairs, trails
  • Sale, lease, exchange
  • Public auction
  • Import/export
  • International travel (requires an international health certificate)

Salmon Brook Veterinary Hospital provides these equine health certificates and would be pleased to prepare one for you after examining your horse. Please call us today to schedule your appointment.